Saturday, October 1

Festive Fall Mantel

I'm always really excited once fall and winter come around. They are my favorite seasons, winter clothes, cool nights, football, its like you can smell the holidays in the air! So I did some decorating to my mantel to try and make our house feel a little more festive.  Have you done any fall decorating in your house?

Before


Lawson helping decorate
I'm still trying to decide if I am going to use the wreath. I may spray paint it black and put it under the mantel. 

I tied some orange and gold-ish ribbon around the topiary. 


After: Fall Mantel
I swapped the silver mirror out for a gold one that we have hanging in our dining room. They are almost identical. The silver one may come back out when I decorate for Christmas or I may stay with the gold, or I might not use either.....  :)

Left side of the Fall Mantel:
Our wedding invitation framed with pressed flower art. This is one of  my favorite gifts that we received when we were married.  Hanging beside the invitation are two pictures of Lawson.

Center of the Fall Mantel:
Babyfood jars painted orange with letters F A L L on the outside, battery powered tea light candles inside
(I used the tea lights we used in our wedding. We used them for luminary bags leading up to the front entrance of the church. We were married during the holidays, December 20th)

Right Side of the Fall Mantel:
"H" Pumpkin, I printed the H on the computer, taped it to the pumpkin and outlined it with a black sharpie. A glass with leaves inside, and white candle.

Inside the Fireplace:
"H" blanket laying in basket, Martha Stewart pumpkins(I used these last year, too)

The end!


No comments:

Post a Comment