Wednesday, October 12

Halloween Part 2 of 3: Life Savers For Life Insurance

Living with a 8 month old, I have accumulated a lot of baby food jars. I used them as the votive for the candles you see in my Festive Fall: Mantel post from earlier this month. Originally, I started saving them because I would like to use them to hang in our Crape Myrtle beside our porch in our backyard, but I haven't figured out how I am going to do this yet(more later). 

Anyway, Mike's business Head Financial Group, Inc issues life, health, and disability insurance to groups and individuals. I  thought a cute Treat for Halloween for Head Financial to give out would be to put lifesavers in the jars and decorate them with some Halloween fabric. Basically, I bought the fabric and  yarn from Wal-mart for about $6.  The fabric was $3.47 exactly, I bought all they had and I think it came out to be about 1 1/2 yards. I cleaned my jars really good, and removed any extra glue with Goo Gone. I bought a big bag of lifesavers and ate a lot of them while I working on this so I had some really fresh breath at the end.   :)
I'm going to put a little tag on them with Head Financial's contact information too,  I'll post another picture once I have finished.

Lawson loved looking at himself in this crazy mirror in the Halloween section at Wal-Mart

Supplies





Can you think of any other ideas of ways to re-use baby food jars?

I ended up not using the little leaf stickers you see in the pictures above because I thought the jars were just as cute without them, and once I started putting the contact info on I just thought it was too much.

Happy Halloween!






3 comments:

  1. Kiersten1:39 PM

    Sara, I love how creative you are!

    ReplyDelete