Thursday, October 27

Halloween Part 3 of 3 - Lawson Chocolate Chip Cookie

I'm sure all of you can not wait to find out what the costume looks like, especially after this post from earlier this month, Lawson's Halloween Costume.  

We had a great time at the Boo Bash today at Bouncing Babies.  Lawson won 2nd place for best costume. We had tons of fun seeing all of the other great costumes and we always enjoy the company of the other adults and babies. Grandpa joined in on all of the fun too because he works right next door to the library. Lawson was so surprised and happy to see him there.

To make the costume, I purchased some tan and dark brown fabric off a clearance table at Tony's Fabric store. 
I cut out four circles of the tan fabric. Two for the front and two for the back.  The two pieces are sewn together to make the front and the back of the cookie. I used a fiberloft polyester pillow type stuffing to make it full like you see in the pictures. 
I  tried to be random about the stuffing  because I didn't want the cookie to look perfectly symmetrical(cookies aren't perfectly round....if your friends with me on Facebook, you will see that in the picture that I posted of the horrible cookies I BAKED!)   
Anyway, for the chips, I  just cut out random shapes of the dark brown fabric and those are sewn onto the front and back of the cookie.  
The straps on the side are just long pieces of the tan fabric sewn to the inside of the cookie. 
The straps on the shoulders are just a little bit wider straps sewn to the inside of the circles as well. 
He is wearing a dark brown long sleeve onesie and some dark brown pajama pants underneath the cookie. 

2nd Place Award and book he won for Best Costume, yay Go Lawson!


I was worried that he wouldn't be able to crawl around with the cookie on but it did not seem to bother him at all.

 BOO Bash 

Lawson checking out the toys

Making sure every single toy is out of the bin and on the floor







Happy Halloween !!



1 comment:

  1. Love his costume! Perfect for a little one!

    ReplyDelete