Saturday, November 3

A Thankful November

I've been reading all of these great posts about what people are thankful for which made me think about some things that I am thankful for. I decided to write one thing I am thankful for every day during the month of November, because I am already a few days behind I will have to write three things today. Here goes, hopefully I will be able to keep up with this for the whole month.

Day 1
 My husband  He is such a great man. For example, after working all week long he got off yesterday, came home and cut the grass and did other yard work. I am so thankful he does that. I'm sure all he wanted to do was sit down and relax but he didn't. Saturday morning he got up really early to take our dog, Moose, to get his shots. I'm sure he would have liked to have slept in but he didn't. Then, he came home, took our son on a ride in the wagon and played with him outside. After THAT, he went to his mothers Ballroom Dancing performance downtown. I'm sure there were a million other things he would have preferred to do(watch football all day) but he didn't. He went to support her and her hobby. Sunday, he will spend the afternoon looking after Lawson, changing diapers, making and cleaning up meals, bath time and bedtime, while I get out of the house for awhile at work. All to turn around and go back to work Monday morning. These are just some of the reasons I am so thankful for him and the man that he is.



Day 2
 Lawson  He is the most wonderful gift that I have ever received and came at a perfect time. For me, Lawson is additional proof that God's plan for my life far exceeds anything I ever wanted or thought I wanted. Lawson has shown me what is really important, and he makes me smile every single day.



Day 3
 My Mom I couldn't ask for a better mother. She is so caring, generous, and supportive. I think back to everything she has conquered throughout her life and can only hope that one day that I can be even half of the Mom, Wife, Friend, Sister, Aunt, Grandma and everything else she is!  I love you, Mom!



Day 4
 My sister , I just couldn't ask for a better sister. She is one of my best friends and is there for me NO MATTER WHAT. It is so wonderful to know that I will always have someone on my side, no matter what the situation, and I am the same for her. After having Lawson, I think more about siblings and sibling relationships and have realized just how lucky I am to have a sister at all. I am so thankful God gave me her because I can't imagine going through life without her by my side in the good times and the bad times.


Day 5
 My Dad , no, he is not my biological father but he has been every bit my Dad since I was 8 years old. He took me, my mom, and my sister into his family and loved all of us. He helped shape me into the woman that I am today and I am thankful for that. If I ever need someone to go to to for help with anything he is always there for me. He helps me see things in a way that no one else can. I appreciate everything he has done for me and love him so much!


Day 6
I am thankful that I am a citizen of the United States. Sometimes I think we all take for granted the wonderful things we have here.  Today I am thankful that I was born, grew up in, and am fortunate enough to live in this country. I pray that whatever happens in the election that we will continue to grow and prosper and somehow find some common ground between both sides. 


Day 7
I am thankful for all of my extended family. I have such a great LARGE extended family who is  there for our little family any time we need them to be. I am so lucky to be surrounded by such great people. Cousins, Aunts, Sister-in-laws, Brother-in-laws, Uncles, Mike's parents, and so many others! Thanks for being there for us we love you so much! 



Day 8
Today I am thankful for our dog Moose. Moose can be difficult at times, but he is always so happy to see us. He loves us no matter what, there aren't many PEOPLE you can say that about....And for that, I am thankful. 


Day 9
Today I am thankful for my health. How lucky am I to be able to get up and go every morning? So many people are stuck in bed, or in the hospital, or can't walk, or run, or do any of the things that we take for granted on a daily basis. Today, I am thankful that Mike, Lawson, and I have been blessed with good health.


Day 10
My best friend, she has such a loving heart and is the most amazing mom. She is so selfless in caring for her little boy and I am truly amazed at all she does. We have been friends since the 3rd grade and have been through so much together, deaths in our families, losing a very close friend, marriage, children, and just growing up. Even though there have been times that we have fought, we have managed to come back to eachother and be there for eachother. I think that is special, and not many people can say they still have a best friend from the 3rd grade, today I am thankful for you Mackenzie!










1 comment:

  1. You have been blessed with Mike and Lawson. And they are so lucky to have you as a part of their lives, too. Thank you for the sweet things you said about me; I'm so fortunate to have such a thoughtful, loving daughter. If there were nothing else in my life, my dear children would be more than enough.

    ReplyDelete