Wednesday, February 6

Transportation Birthday Party

We have been celebrating Lawson's 2nd Birthday all week long! I started planning and making stuff for his birthday party right after Christmas and I had the best time doing it all! He loves cars, trucks, and airplanes  so a transportation theme was the perfect fit.
 We had great plans to have a bounce house and some other outdoor activities but the weather had its own agenda. About 10 minutes before the party started, it started to snow. So, besides some of the older guys who didn't mind the cold weather, the rest of us were pretty much forced to stay inside. Lawson didn't care at all though and had a great time at his party!

Here are a lot of pictures

Before his party playing with the balloons


So excited



I purchased a party pack from this Etsy Shop 


We used a Cricut  paper cutting machine to make his banner.  I found the transportation and travel card stock paperpad at Michaels Crafts Store.


I set some coloring pages and crayons out on this cute table

I put his Melissa and Doug transportation and truck and car
 puzzles pieces across the top of our mantel

The airplanes on the wall are from Michaels, I cut the clouds out of white felt and the number 2 out of orange felt, also from Michaels.


We put cheeseballs in the dumptruck, which was something I saw on pinterest, I used primary colors for plates, napkins etc, the cupcake toppers are little dump trucks, cars and airplanes, they were made using a Cricut machine as well.

The gift bags, water bottle labels, and party hat were all 
printed from the Etsy party pack.

Candies I wrapped in paper from Michaels and candy labels from Etsy 

The #2 bucket is from Michaels, the adorable cars, trucks etc 
were cut using a Cricut machine. My fabulous mother-in-law helped with all of that.

The same person that made our wedding cake made this amazing cake! 
She did such a great job!

To make Lawson's Road in his bedroom, I used black plastic table cloths that I found at the Dollar Store and bright yellow duck tape. I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it was adorable, the person used trash bags though. I'm not sure which would be better. The table cloths worked fine for us!














We can't wait to use the water table from Pop and Nana this summer




So excited

Baby William Swiger


The blow up road signs were purchased on Amazon, they worked out perfectly for his road.











4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:51 PM

    Hello,
    I love your adorable ideas for transportation theme! I am planning the same for our almost 2- year old. Love the inflatable traffic signs you used, from amazon you said. I don't see them listed when visiting...did you buy each sign separately or in a pack? I would love to find what you used since you say they worked out great!
    Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so much fun to plan! Yes the road signs came in a pack, here is the link. http://www.amazon.com/Fun-Express-61-9005-Inflatable/dp/B007SJRMKM/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1384176179&sr=1-2-fkmr1&keywords=inflatable+road+signs

      Delete
    2. If the link doesn't work just search "Inflatable Traffic Sign Assortment" it should come up that way :)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:00 PM

    so sad:( these are not available anymore.. I need these!! AHHHH

    ReplyDelete